School of Biotechnology
Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai
Dr.Aditya Kumar Gupta|
Dept.of Plant Biotechnology
mail : akg54sify.com
For Zn finger gene and PPR motif gene. Submitted in mailbox.
M.Phil students guided
1. O.R.Yatheeswaran (1989), “Induction of callus formation in rice and cowpea”, M.Phil degree awarded by Bharathidasan University, Thiruchirapalli.
2. K.Rajendran (1989), “Regulation of nitrate reductase by IAA and Kinetin in etiolated green gram seedlings” M.Phil degree awarded by Bharahidasan University, Thiruchrapalli
3. S.Shanthini (1989 ), “Ammonium regulation of nitrate reductase induction in etiolated rice seedlings”, M.Phil degree awarded by Bharathidasan University, Thiruchirapalli.
Ph.D students guided
1. C. Raghunath “Molecular mechanisms of nitrate reductase induction by light and nitrate in higher plants”, Degree awarded by Madurai Kamaraj University, INDIA.
2. M.Ramesh “Genetic transformation of Indica rice using biolistic gene delivery system”, Degree awarded by Madurai Kamaraj University, INDIA.
3. V.Mathangi “Development of transgenics in economically important crop plants”, Degree awarded by Madurai Kamaraj University, INDIA.
4. P.Theriappan “Molecular mechanism of abiotic stress tolerance in higher plants”, Degree awarded by Madurai Kamaraj University, INDIA.
5. Anoop,N “Genetic Engineering of Oryza sativa v indica for salinity and tolerance and insect resistance” Thesis submitted to Madurai Kamaraj University , India
6. A.Mushtaaq – “Identification of genes conferring abiotic stress tolerance in indica rice” thesis submitted to Madurai Kamaraj University, India.
Ph.D students currently working
1. Satheesh Kumar -Genetic engineering of Casuarina eqisetifolia for salinity and drought tolerance.
2. K.Vydehi -Functional Genomics of cellular differentiation in Rice.
3. Joseph vijay – Isolation and characterization of abiotic stress induced genes from Oryza sativa.
4. Kalidhasan.N- Study of root specific EST’s from tomato.
5. SivaPriya: Characterization of root developmental genes from tomato.